After my holiday gain, (managed a whole 10lbs in 7 days. Impressive, huh?! Taking me 6lbs out of my target range…) I knew that I had to get back into weight loss mode after 18 months of maintaining! I did this the only way I know how – going back to my Slimming World roots and getting out the recipe books and magazines. I jotted down my syns (in the words of my consultant – ‘Scribble as you nibble!’) and managed to say goodbye to 6lbs in the first week! I always plan my meals but I didn’t realise how long it had been since I’ve made a brand new Slimming World recipe. I made Tagliata, an Italian beef salad and it didn’t disappoint. I found it in the ‘Find your sunshine’ booklet. It’s a really easy recipe to make and so tasty. I changed the recipe slightly by roasting the potatoes.
Tagliata (syn free)
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200g Cherry tomatoes
- 1kg new potatoes
- 600g beef fillet or sirloin steak
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 100ml fat free vinaigrette
- Bag of rocket
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Put the cherry tomatoes in a non stick oven dish, spray with frylight and roast for 15 minutes
- Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes, drain and keep warm
- Heat a non stick griddle pan over a high heat, spray with frylight and cook the steak to your liking. (2 minutes each side for rare, 3 minutes for medium or 4 minutes for well done)
- Remove steaks from pan, allow to rest for 5 minutes then cut into thin slices
- Mix the mustard powder, balsamic vinegar and fat free vinaigrette in a small bowl and season to taste
- Divide the rocket leaves, tomatoes, potatoes and steak between four plates. Pour over the dressing, toss well and serve hot
As I mentioned, I roasted the potatoes instead of boiled but I imagine it’s just as good! See my previous post – ‘Queen of Carbs’ for some tips on making syn free chips and roast potatoes.
This meal had so much love on Instagram (@bravenewslimmingworld) and lots of recipe requests! So here it is. I hope you love it as much as I did and don’t forget to let me know how you get on! I have another busy weekend ahead. Meeting up with some of my closest friends I’ve made via the Slimming World Instagram community. We have lots of eating and drinking plans so I’ve already shortlisted some new recipes to try once I get home. It’s all about finding the balance!