If you read my last post then you’ll know that a few weeks ago my family and I went to see Shawn Mendes (Ben’s favourite human) and I vowed to write a blog post on how I managed to stay on plan. The good news is that I did indeed stay on plan, the bad news being that there’s no way I could make it interesting enough to fill a whole blog post… We went to Nando’s! AKA Slimming World heaven. To be completely honest, I walked around the O2 and made a beeline for Nando’s because it’s in my comfort zone. I know exactly what to choose to stick within my syns and I don’t feel like I’m missing out at all. I didn’t trust myself enough to head to Pizza Express and successfully avoid the calzone and dough balls. As much as I enjoyed Nando’s (who doesn’t?!), it made me realise that I’m quite happy to plod along as I am. I’ve made it this far at target without missing out on the odd meal out and special occasion so something I’m doing is working!
FYI – at Nando’s I ate a butterfly chicken breast (3 syns with skin on) in the hot peri peri marinade, spicy rice (2 syns) and salad. I also had some of the lemon and herb peri peri sauce on the salad (0.5 syns per tbsp)
I have had so much going on at work and at home that blogging has taken a back seat for a few weeks. There are SO MANY recipes I want to share with you! Found it really hard to pick just one but I decided to go for a new recipe I tried last night. I adapted one of those facebook recipes that torture you on your lunch break at work while you’re eating a sad lunch. It was amaaaaazing. Had a few requests for the recipe on my Instagram account (@bravenewslimmingworld) so here it goes…
Smoky prawn & chorizo parcels
Ingredients (serves two)
- 4 medium white potatoes, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 2 corn on the cobs, chopped into smaller pieces
- 60g chorizo, sliced
- Kind prawns, raw
- 1tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tsp melted butter
- Garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon and keep the remaining wedges to serve
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Place to chopped potatoes in cold water and bring to the boil. Once the water is boiling, add the pieces of corn on the cob and par boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and corn on the cob and place in a large bowl.
- Add the chopped chorizo, king prawns, spices, garlic and melted butter to the bowl and stir until the ingredients are evenly coated in the spices.
- Split the mixture in half and place on a large sheet of foil. Create a parcel with the foil and ensure the mixture is fully covered. Repeat with the second half of the mixture and bake for 20 minutes on 200c.
- Remove the parcels from the oven, squeeze over some lemon juice and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with a fresh salad.
This is the perfect summer meal. You could easily scrap the chorizo (although I don’t know who would ever want to commit such a criminal act) and replace the butter with frylight to make it completely syn free! Otherwise it’s 4 syns for 30g of chorizo and 2 for the melted butter. I baked the foil parcels and it was perfect but you can also grill it or even barbecue it. YUM!
I feel sad for all of the other meals I’ve made recently who didn’t make the cut so I’m going to post another recipe on the weekend. I had a really exciting delivery from Spicentice too which has not disappointed once so I may do a Spicentice special for you soon.
Take care, Slimmers!